Closing date: 15 th October 2020
Interviews: 21 st October 2020
Start Date: 1 st January 2021
Part Time (2 days per week)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to join our staff team and lead provision for SEN within our school.
We want our SENCo to:
● have a passion for learning and inclusion
● Have a clear vision and strong commitment to inclusion of all learners;
● expect the highest standards from all pupils
● have a secure knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage and Key Stage One and Two curriculum; be an excellent teacher
● be able to work effectively within a dedicated team
● be an excellent communicator with a strong commitment to working in partnership with staff, pupils and families;
● have a good understanding of successful approaches and interventions to support pupil progress
● have an up to date knowledge of the new SEN Framework and Code of Practice
● have good organisational skills and be able to manage the work of others
● Be a caring individual who is supportive of the school ethos and its work
We can offer you:
● A positive and caring environment based on the values of the Catholic faith;
● A commitment to support your professional development to the next stage of your career;
● The opportunity to work with delightful children, supportive colleagues and parents.
Previous experience of being a SENCo is desirable. T his vacancy does require a qualified SENCo, ideally someone with the National SENCO award or someone committed to obtaining this qualification
within 12 months.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01268 683903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , FAO Mrs Kerry Smith to arrange a visit.
Application forms and further details are available from the school. Applications must be made on a C.E.S. application form.
Assisi Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to
pre-employment checks. References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure + Barring Service Check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.